- The company has invested more than €11 million to create the plant with outstanding manufacturing efficiency, product quality, safety and environmental performance.
- The new plant, based in Wuhan, will produce headliners and door panels for Renault, PSA, Nissan, Infiniti and Honda.
- The new plant will provide employment for 125 people at the end of 2016.
- The opening was attended by Director of Dongfeng Technology strategy and planning department, Miao Mingzheng; Yanfeng Asia Pacific President, Yuan Xinhua; Spanish Economic & commercial councel in Beijing, Javier Serra; Manager of Wuhan high technology investment management company and the director of the service center, Song Jun; director of GA Asia Pacific, Jorge Juárez, accompanied the Chairman of the company, Ernesto Antolín and Vice chairman of the company, María Helena Antolín, throughout the opening ceremony.
- María Helena Antolín is currently Vicechairman of the third largest global supplier of automobile interiors.
- “SERNAUTO must play a fundamental role in the challenges faced by the industry”, says Antolín Raybaud.
- The company has invested around €35 million ($37.6 million) to create one of the most technologically advanced centers in its industrial network that will provide employment for 300 people.
- The new plant, based in Huamantla (Tlaxcala, Mexico), will produce the headliners, doors, pillars and seat backs for the new Audi Q5, which will be manufactured in San José de Chiapa.
- This investment strengthens its commitment to Mexico, where it has been present for 20 years and which is now its fourth most important market.
- The opening was attended by the Governor of Tlaxcala, Mariano González Zarur; the Spanish ambassador to Mexico, Luis Fernández-Cid de las Alas; and the mayor of Tlaxcala, José Alejandro Aguilar, who accompanied the Chairman of the company, Ernesto Antolín, and the main directors of Grupo Antolin throughout the day.
- The award ceremony for the 21st edition of the Grupo Antolin Children's Drawing Competition took place in the Auditorium of Caja de Burgos-Casa del Cordón and was attended by over 350 people
- "A drawing = A smile" is the slogan used to donate a sum of money to a charitable children's project for every drawing received
- The Antolín family founded Grupo Antolin in the 1950s and have owned it since its creation.
- The judging panel unanimously agreed to award it this prize, which will be presented at a special gala event to be held on December 10